Hypnotherapy has been recommended by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) as a treatment to alleviate IBS symptoms. The NICE guidelines allow doctors to pay for hypnotherapy after one year of non-effective drug treatment. You may wish to ask your GP if he/she will fund it, if you wish to use hypnotherapy for your symptoms.
IBS – What is it?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a functional condition of the Gut, where sufferers experience varying degrees of severity and symptoms. It is extremely common and accounts for up to 50% of all cases seen by gastroenterologists. The majority of these are women.
One in four of us is affected at some time in our lives. In fact all of us depending on what is happening in our lives at any given time can be affected. Our bowels are not always as regular as we would like them to be and bloating and abdominal pain are very common complaints.
Although it has been recorded that stress is not the cause of this condition, it is commonly associated with emotional tension, and is frequently triggered by difficult life situations, stressful life events and other life changes.
You may well have tried all the other avenues to ease or eliminate your symptoms and you are maybe now reading this as a last resort.
As a clinical hypnotherapist specialising in the treatment of this condition I have taken a great interest in the experiences, frustrations and distress my clients have suffered coping with this condition. I now believe that there is a need to look beyond treating the symptoms, and to address the issues of stress and anxiety that are unique to you and your lifestyle.
Not only because the drug treatments provide little benefit, but also they do not address the other psychological symptoms experienced by sufferers.
Sufferers may experience some or all of these symptoms at any given time. They include:
- Abdominal pain and spasms (often relieved by going to the toilet)
- Diarrhoea, Constipation or alternating bowel movements
- Bloating or swelling of the abdomen
- Rumbling noises and excessive passage of wind
- Urgency (to need the toilet)
- Sharp pain felt low down inside the rectum
- Sensation of incomplete bowel movement
It is important to point out here that the above symptoms are the same or similar to other more serious bowel conditions. Therefore it is very, very important that a proper diagnosis has been made before using hypnosis to treat your symptoms.
I’m listed as a licensed practitioner on the IBS register. You can visit this site by clicking on this link www.ibsregister.com
The treatment offered for IBS consists of:
1. A course of 5-6 sessions of Suggestion Therapy designed to help reduce and eliminate your symptoms. This includes daily listening of CD’s to use between sessions, along with specific work on your reasons for stress and help to reduce it. Much of my work with IBS is done addressing your response to stress. Therefore, calming the individual stressors invariably leads to a reduction in your physical symptoms. CALL NOW! 07903 456237 or go Here: for more information on Irritable Bowel Syndrome and other issues we help you with. Having read this information we also assume you have read ourTerms and Conditions